Savoury Breakfast Loaf
This is remarkably similar to the Banana Bread recipe...basically because it IS that recipe, with a few tweeks! The sweet bits are removed and the savoury is added. This one pictured is burnt...at least the walnuts I sprinkled on top are. So exercise caution if doing so, reduce oven temp near the end of cooking to prevent the charred walnut effect :-) Enjoy!
df gf low carb paleo
Contains Eggs and Nuts
2 x medium sized courgettes
4 organic, free range eggs
1 tbsp melted, cooled coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Good handful of walnut pieces
Optional: 1-2 tsp of herbs of choice for an extra savoury taste
WHAT TO DO
1. Prepare a loaf tin, line with greaseproof paper or grease the inside of a loaf tin very well with extra coconut oil to prevent the cooked loaf from sticking to the tin.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, Gas 4.
3. Grate the courgettes, squeezing out any excess juice as much as possible (drink up, waste not want not!)
4. In a large bowl, mix the courgettes, coconut oil, eggs, baking soda, salt, herbs (if using), cinnamon and
walnuts until combined.
5. Add in the coconut flour, making sure there are no lumps. Stir in until the mixture thickens and soaks up the liquids. It will now be a thicker consistency. Coconut flour is very absorbent.
6. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and place in the middle of the preheated oven.
7. Bake for 40 mins in a fan oven, or adjust for your own particular oven. Check the loaf is cooked by sticking
skewer into the middle - if it comes out clean, you'll know it's cooked through.
8. Cool on a wire tray and dig in. I like 2 good slices with some smoked salmon on top or avocado...or both.
A great breakfast option!